WALK THE DOG!
Join us for a wonderful experience walking and working with your dog!
THIS IS FOR CURRENT AND PAST CLIENTS ONLY.
CURRENT PACK WALK DATES:
Friday, May 18th 2018 at 5:30 PM
Beach Road (by Crete Center)
Saturday, May 26th 2018 at 10 AM
Terry Gordon Bike Path (Starting from Nevada Oval)
Sunday, June 3rd 2018 at 10 AM
Durkee Street Parking Lot (Downtown Plattsburgh)
FUTURE DATES TBD AND LISTED!!
RULES OF THE ROAD:
ARRIVE 5 to 10 MINUTES EARLY TO PARK, UNLOAD YOUR DOG, CHECK IN AND PREPARE FOR THE WALK!
New Pack Walk Dates and/or locations will be updated on Facebook and our website.
Please check back regularly for cancellations due to weather or other circumstances.
Participation is $5 per sign up of dog/handler team (no additional fee for multiple people).
Please have a copy of your dogs current rabies vaccination paperwork on you for the walk.
- ALL dogs must be on a secure 4-6 ft leash with an appropriate training collar (or sturdy slip leash).
NO LONG LINES
- Dogs must be under control of their handler at all times and working on a structured walk / heel.
NOT pulling, sniffing, walking way ahead or behind, marking, lunging toward other dogs, barking, etc.
- We can help you with some instruction and techniques to improve your dogs behavior during the event, but only minimal assistance can be provided as this is NOT a personalized or one on one training event.
Unfortunately, too much individual work / attention with any individual handler and canine team will take away from the entire group and the event for all the other participants.
** IF YOUR DOG IS STILL HAVING EXTREME DIFFICULTY CONTROLLING THEMSELVES AROUND DISTRACTIONS OR REACTING NEGATIVELY TO THINGS ON WALKS THIS IS NOT THE EVENT FOR YOU!
PLEASE CONTACT US TO SCHEDULE A FOLLOW UP LESSON TO IMPROVE YOUR DOGS BEHAVIOR OR WAIT UNTIL WE HAVE HAD MORE TRAINING TOGETHER BEFORE SIGNING UP TO ATTEND THESE EVENTS.
FEEL FREE TO CONTACT US IN ADVANCE TO DISCUSS YOUR DOGS BEHAVIOR / ELIGIBILITY IF YOU ARE UNSURE!
- This is NOT - I REPEAT NOT - A socialization or meet and greet event!!
ALL DOGS should be given respectful space and treated as though they may not get along with people or other dogs for safety and security of all participants and to avoid any potential issues.
DO NOT allow your dog to approach, greet or crowd any participants and their dogs during the event.
DO NOT interact with, try to pet, goad or otherwise distract and engage with other participants dogs.
- Please bring poop bags (LOTS of poop bags!) and pick up after your dog!
- We encourage you to bring food rewards for your dog to offer rewards for good behavior during the event, but do not feed other participants dogs.
NO TOYS!! NO BALLS, TUG TOYS, SQUEAKER TOYS, ETC.
Toys will be too much distraction and excitement for the event and other participants dogs.
- Please try to maintain a calm and collected composure, do not get your dog riled up / over excited when you arrive, during the event or at the end of our walk. We want to maintain as much of a controlled and relaxed environment and group as possible.
- Please be prepared by bringing a bowl and water for your dog to keep them hydrated!
- Please dress appropriately for the weather and be prepared to walk for 20-30+ with your dog.
- We ask for ONE dog per handler unless otherwise discussed and agreed upon prior to the event.
- Family members and guests may attend with you, but please be sure they understand the rules of the event and that this is a highly structured training activity and not a doggy free for all / meet and greet before inviting.
- You don't have to bring your dog or have a dog to attend!!
If your dog is not quite ready and you want to see what we will be working on or get some help / idea's, if you do not have a dog currently and have worked with us in the past or if you have one dog in the family and multiple members everyone is welcome!